(c) The Company reserves the right to vary the Policy at any time. Any variations become effective upon posting on the Website.
2. Collection Of Personal Information
(a) The information collected by the Company from you assists us in personalising and improving the shopping experience for all our customers. Such information is utilised primarily to ensure supply of goods to you, the customer. Such information includes:
- (i) Name and address for delivery purposes;
- (ii) Telephone contacts;
- (iii) Email address;
- (iv) Product preferences; and
- (v) Information regarding promotions and other services
(b) The Company will not store credit card information provided to it either on file or electronically beyond completion of a transaction.
(d) The Company will not collect sensitive information without your consent unless it is necessary for such information to be collected for an activity or function and will not collect any such information in a secret or dishonest way.
3. Use Of Personal Information
(a) The primary use of personal information is for the purposes listed in Clause 2 above. However, we will use and disclose your personal information for the approved purposes and in a variety of ways associated with the approved purposes, including but not limited to:
- (i) To assist with the development of information technology, systems maintenance and development and associated issues;
- (ii) To analyse information for product development, marketing and research purposes and to improve and extend our range of services;
- (iii) To investigate and resolve complaints;
- (iv) Direct marketing to you in accordance with principles established under the Act;
- (v) Disclosure of your personal information to any entity or person involved in carrying out any necessary function on our behalf, including the provision of credit, fraud prevention and complaints whether within Australia or overseas;
- (vi) Disclosure of your personal information in a manner authorised or required by law;
- (vii) For any unrelated secondary purpose for which we have your consent;
- (viii) For compliance with any legislative or regulatory provisions.
(b) Moreover, we will not utilise personal information without taking reasonable steps to ensure the information is accurate, complete and up to date.
4. Disclosure Of Personal Information
(a) The Company may use and disclose your personal information for approved purposes in a variety of ways including but not limited to approved purposes as set out below;
- (i) The Company may disclose personal information to related or unrelated third parties with your consent;
- (ii) The Company may disclose personal information between related corporate entities consistent with the original purpose for which the information was collected;
- (iii) The Company may disclose personal information to unrelated third parties to enable outsourcing of functions for purposes including but not limited to billing, customer relations and order fulfilment and within your reasonable expectations;
- (iv) The Company will take reasonable steps to ensure that any disclosure made to any third party as described in Clause (iii) above is made with a party or parties that complies with the Use and Disclosure requirements of the Act and in accordance with our policy stated on the Website;
- (v) The Company may disclose personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts or external advisers where permitted or required by law.
- (vi) The Company may disclose personal information to avoid an imminent threat to a person’s life or to public safety.
(b) If consent to disclosure has not been obtained then the Company will not disclose your personal information unless for the reasons outlined above.
(c) The Company does not sell or share its customer lists on a commercial basis with third parties, but in the event we did, it would be done only if the appropriate consent of the relevant persons or entity have been obtained and only to the extent of the information provided.
5. Security And Quality Of Your Personal Information
(a) The Company will take reasonable steps to ensure that any of your personal information that is collected, stored, used or disclosed by us is accurate, complete and up to date. To do so, the Company shall do the following:
- (i) Review its collection and storage practices on a regular and ongoing basis;
- (ii) Require our employees, contractors and agents to perform their duties in a manner consistent with our legal responsibilities under the Act;
- (iii) Review our security practices on a regular and ongoing basis.
6. Access Of Personal Information
(a) The Company will allow requested access to personal information records by the relevant individual or entity, should such request be in accordance with the Act.
(b) The Company will correct its personal information at the request of the individual or entity concerned as soon as practicable and in accordance with the Act.
(c) The Company reserves the right to charge for amending personal details at the request of a person or entity in accordance with the provisions contained herein.
7. Cookies And Other Technologies
(a) The Company may utilise Cookies and other technologies to assist us in determining what components of the Website are most popular and to ensure that our online advertising is attracting customers to our products and services. Cookies may also be utilised to study usage patterns on the Website and most importantly to ensure that your experience in interacting with the Company is convenient.
(b) The Company advises that it does not typically utilise this information collected for any purpose beyond the scope of the policy described herein.
8. Are Your Personal Account Details Safe When Being Transmitted?
(a) The Company endeavours to protect your personal information during its transmission.
(b) In the same way department stores use EFTPOS terminals to process credit card transactions, the Company uses Stripe’s secure payments system to process credit card payments via the EFTPOS system.
9. Are Your Personal Account Details Stored Safely?
The Company shall take reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information held by it from such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure of data. The Company only permits your details to be accessed by authorised personnel.
10. Enquiries And Complaints
Should you have any inquiry or complaint with respect to the Policy, we request that you contact our office using the details noted on the Website.